Friday, January 05, 2007

Awake

It's 5:20 in the AM out here in DC (and a balmy 52 degrees*). I'm still awake.
I actually went to bed at midnight, but it didn't take, so I've been up since then ironing out the "Winter" WILT**.
There's something about the dead of night that's great for getting things done. I can't focus on much of anything when sunlight enters the equation, but as soon as it's the pitch black illuminated by a cheap halogen bulb, I start to focus with the precision of a end-of-days death laser.
I don't understand it, but I don't much care. For the next two months I'm essentially getting paid not to go to work, so it all works out - as far as I figure, I don't have to see daylight until sometime in March.
The DC smoking ban went into effect at the start of the new year, so I'm perfectly content to spend my weeknights getting my drunk on in front of the computer keyboard and pounding out nonsense (such as this) in the wee hours of the morning.
It's probably for the best - I've got all the time in the world, a well stocked bar, and no need to hit the sheets until daybreak. I may not be proud, but I'm happy.

Update: It's 8AM, the sun is up, and I'm ready for sleep. Nosferataloser.
---

*It's supposed to break 70 later today.
**It totally fucking rocks; seriously.
***During the daylight hours, so (of course) I got distracted and had to shelve it.

1 comment:

edP said...

I'm ready to read the nonsense what you are pounding out!

The middle of the night...I miss that time for thinking and reading and whatever.

With all the time on your hands you could end up going Juan Uribe.