Thursday, March 01, 2007

All Good Things...

Today marks the day when I stop getting paid ridiculous sums of money for doing nothing. My severance ran out at midnight, and now I'm officially a lazy out-of work bum.
I managed to squirrel away enough cash to last me for another couple of months, but I'm hoping that I can land the Commerce Department job that I'm after within the next few weeks. Just in case, I'm getting ready to set up an eBay store to get rid of some of the left-over stock from the record store. I've been meaning to do that for awhile, and now I can link the eBay store up with the SDA domains I just bought. If worse comes to worse (worst?), I can live off of that until the holidays.
Man, I'm gonna miss getting paid for doing nothing. It was great while it lasted.

1 comment:

edP said...

I've got to call total bullshit on something here.

I have way more experience than you do at doing fucking nothing!

I've been underpaid for years for doing nothing.

What was it that Mayor Diamond Joe Quimby said? "This stupid country..."

Seriously good luck with the Commerce thing...I need you to help me with some math next time you're in town.

I am not an empirical social scientist.